“There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it, you surround yourself with people who make you laugh, forget the bad and focus on the good, love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don’t. Life is too short to be… anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living.
AND I AM TRULY LIVING IT UP !
how I define beauty. Can’t be any better…..
The most beautiful people we have known
are those who have known defeat, known suffering,
known struggle, known loss,
and have found their way out of the depths.
These persons have an appreciation,
…a sensitivity and an understanding of life
that fills them with compassion,
gentleness, and a deep loving concern.
Beautiful people do not just happen….
– Elisabeth Kübler-Ross
came across this today morning and stuck by the truth and simplicity of this statement…..
Sitting at my cosy awesome cubicle which has a huge window with a view ,a happy and bright succulent at my desk staring warmly , pearls of laughter of happy colleagues, a satisfying and excited feeling of this new job and pondering over this quote……brought in this huge desire to save this moment for posterity ….its a memory made ! and such a happy happy one with no particular reason……and isn’t that beautiful ? 🙂 to be blissful and happy with all the routine around yet the moment made spectacular just by this commonality…..
I want to extend this typicality ! Gimme Gimme more !
is turning out to be one exciting month….
• The beautiful Basant festival celebrated in full fervor.
• Birthday is around the corner and we shall be traveling on that day and this has been a long pending wish. So the happiness and excitement is pretty evident already.
• All the shopping is the birthday shopping…..and hence guilt free….been picking bits and pieces from January and its still going strong….that also means the bank balance is diminishing at an astonishing pace.
• A very dear cousin is getting engaged and I wish him and her all the best in life….. Will pray for their happiness and perhaps shed a tear or two…yes am highly emotional that way.
• BIL getting married next week and that brings travel, family, and dressing up. Looking forward for the wedding….meeting everybody….and of course adorning the saris ….there is a kancheepuram , maheshwari, uppada, leheriya , mangalagiri, kota on the plan…..and before anybody goes saying that’s one too many…..I just had one new sari for my own wedding….its time to balance it out….now if only I can drape them beautifully so that I can do justice to the gorgeous weaves…
• No carrying of expensive jewellery since this is an out of the town wedding and I hate being bothered about all such sundry. I just want to have fun, gorge on food and have a great time in general. So yes its costume jewels all the way and I care a damn about being judged…. I just like being myself….
• An impending business visit to the US of A which would have played havoc with all these plans had been cancelled and I am extremely glad about that.
• If plan goes well, will be meeting a very dear friend. I really wish this works out.
A decade passed….and another is on the horizon… I reiterate that I hold no fancy for dates, days and all such…but wanted to jot this down so that the thoughts take form and can be revisited…..in a way I feel this is quite a significant decade since 20’s-30’s bring about a lot of change in every person’s life or I may think so…..and the blog is my journal 🙂
I haven’t changed much as person in my beliefs, values , priorities and such but still there is a giant leap in how I react and how I handle things …….If in 2000 someone told me that I’d end up today in the present state of mind that would have been the biggest joke….yet here I am and loving myself……and whatever highs and lows have hit me am extremely happy how I’ve turned out….yes, I really am super happy about how I have ended up as a person and I can love myself…isn’t that a very beautiful space to be ? And it brings such inherent happiness that I can share the positivity around too….
I am not too full of myself…but like what I made of myself….
Life is what happens when one is busy making plans of it….and life happened quite a bit for me…. I have seen deep lows….and today thank those lows since they shaped me more…..I wouldn’t have ever dreamt that I could challenge each low and emerge out of it with a major high….yes, it did happen….and if you see the confident, so sure of what to do with life and what one wants, in front of you today I dedicate it to those lows….the grit and determination which I never ever imagined I possessed surfaced and surprised me when I hit rock bottom……and the experience I carry today gives me the strength to deal with whatever life throws…am not saying I don’t get hurt or sad…I do of course….but then there is nothing or no one who can put me down so much so that it depresses me to a level where in I blame myself…..
The biggest hurdle I crossed this decade it to stop imagining and viewing and understanding myself from somebody else’s point of view and what a lesson I have learnt……today am a free person with rights, dignity and responsibility.
I live my life…just mine…and how hard can that be. And to do that with no botheration whether people out there in the world conform to my choices or not ….it sets me free….and for me truly defines what freedom means….
Who doesn’t want to own a piece of art ?
The generous Kamini of saffron and silk is giving away gorgeous paintings to celebrate her 200th post…Since the day I chanced upon her blog am addicted….her house is beautiful and her decor reflects her personality…..
Here are her paintings, one for the folks from US and another for readers in India…isn’t that very thoughtful….keeping my fingers crossed to win this….I am currently adding wall art at home and this would blend in yet stand out beautifully ….
The time of the year ……when one looks back and reminisces the past 12 months….
I am the types who isn’t very excited about the New Year…I admit it’s a nice time and new beginnings and all….glad about it but am not the one to get caught in the frenzy…I prefer staying home rather than attending new year parties…and If I do attend it’s always a small gathering with people who matter…..just as any other get-togethers which happen round the year…..with no hoopla attached…..
During school days a new year meant lots of cakes….my dad would be gifted quite a few of them and we would gorge on them for days …..And to top it they came in very fancy shapes…butterfly, bird, rabbit etc…..we didn’t engage in the cake cutting tradition for birthdays …..so I associate cakes with New year…and this was the most exciting part…..since eggless cakes in such abundance was not easy to source in Hyderabad then ….and these came from special orders with the yummiest flavors……
Apart from that it was also about the Diaries he gets gifted…..I would hoard them all ….for writing journals, doing maths, scribbling randomly….everything……I am a diary addict….bring them on 🙂
Today morning when dad came visiting he got me the new diary for 2011….and it brought back all these memories …..it felt truly special….here I was managing teams and running a house and considering all grown up and then my dad treats me as the same old little girl ;I feel special , very special….and parents are that way isn’t it ? I love it…and my dad is a man of very few words….yet the tradition of diaries continues till date (he’s never missed providing them each year) 🙂
The year that is passing by has had its hits and misses…with all those that life offered I emerged stronger, confident and elucidative about what I want…what defines me….I guess the most titillating journey is of self-introspection and this year I can proudly say that I have discovered a major part of myself…..in a way I can vouch that I am coming of age…..and I quite like that…..
I wish and hope the learning never ends ,be it any year ….the journey remains as tantalizing as ever…and I pray humbly to the almighty to administer in me the strength to experience whatever the future beholds , be it bouquets or brickbats….to remain elegant and dignified and march ahead with sophistication……
Have a Happy New year folks! See you on the other side
• A bunch of stuff I picked up from the ongoing crafts mela. Am Loving it!
• Huge mups of coffee and Kadak chai….love both of them equally…..and for me they take a new dimension in winters….
• An exciting new profile at work which is going to start from the 1st week of Jan….looking forward for the new year and that also means…I am totally workless and vela now…How awesome is that? I admit it gets boring at times but I still love it.
• Had been interviewed by a very senior manager from the US for this profile and he hired me in 10 minutes flat (though I don’t have prior exp in this domain) and its been a great conversation. He went on to say that mine had been one of the most interesting CV’s he’s come across….My smile lasted the whole weekend……
• During the discussion he asked me what would I consider my primary skill….and I said “ I love technology , people ,change equally and I believe one cannot exist without the other” ….and it came on-the-spur of the moment…not one bit designed…. and I felt like a celebrity being interviewed….But I give the credit to him ….Interviewing is an Art and I personally believe the interviewer should be as clued in as the interviewee…and yes I always prepare when I am an interviewer too since I understand it’s a huge responsibility….and its pivotal to make the interviewee comfortable.
• Random compliments totally unexpected…..of course its about shedding a few pounds….all the more nice since there aren’t any efforts in that direction….and it came from quite a few people….so liking it…
• This time of the year…..the last 6 months especially have been very crappy at work and took immense toll…I am very pleased to be back to my normal self….
• Of being back to blogging even if the posts are without a rhyme or reason……but then my blog is titled random musings…..does it still need an explanation? 🙂
• Almost after an whole year opened up the box where my wooden blocks are stored and felt super joyful…they are my treasures…now I’d really wish to print a few designs….they are all over my mind.
• A good dose of books at home …..pretty self-explanatory. 🙂
Have a great day !