how I define beauty. Can’t be any better…..
The most beautiful people we have known
are those who have known defeat, known suffering,
known struggle, known loss,
and have found their way out of the depths.
These persons have an appreciation,
…a sensitivity and an understanding of life
that fills them with compassion,
gentleness, and a deep loving concern.
Beautiful people do not just happen….
– Elisabeth Kübler-Ross
came across this today morning and stuck by the truth and simplicity of this statement…..
Sitting at my cosy awesome cubicle which has a huge window with a view ,a happy and bright succulent at my desk staring warmly , pearls of laughter of happy colleagues, a satisfying and excited feeling of this new job and pondering over this quote……brought in this huge desire to save this moment for posterity ….its a memory made ! and such a happy happy one with no particular reason……and isn’t that beautiful ? 🙂 to be blissful and happy with all the routine around yet the moment made spectacular just by this commonality…..
I want to extend this typicality ! Gimme Gimme more !
is turning out to be one exciting month….
• The beautiful Basant festival celebrated in full fervor.
• Birthday is around the corner and we shall be traveling on that day and this has been a long pending wish. So the happiness and excitement is pretty evident already.
• All the shopping is the birthday shopping…..and hence guilt free….been picking bits and pieces from January and its still going strong….that also means the bank balance is diminishing at an astonishing pace.
• A very dear cousin is getting engaged and I wish him and her all the best in life….. Will pray for their happiness and perhaps shed a tear or two…yes am highly emotional that way.
• BIL getting married next week and that brings travel, family, and dressing up. Looking forward for the wedding….meeting everybody….and of course adorning the saris ….there is a kancheepuram , maheshwari, uppada, leheriya , mangalagiri, kota on the plan…..and before anybody goes saying that’s one too many…..I just had one new sari for my own wedding….its time to balance it out….now if only I can drape them beautifully so that I can do justice to the gorgeous weaves…
• No carrying of expensive jewellery since this is an out of the town wedding and I hate being bothered about all such sundry. I just want to have fun, gorge on food and have a great time in general. So yes its costume jewels all the way and I care a damn about being judged…. I just like being myself….
• An impending business visit to the US of A which would have played havoc with all these plans had been cancelled and I am extremely glad about that.
• If plan goes well, will be meeting a very dear friend. I really wish this works out.
I have been missing in action for a while and had written this post as a come back….and since Parul is running a contest related to work spaces thought I could send this to her…dont really know if it makes sense but hey no harm in trying atleast….. and this post is a fact…I am the central player in it …
Past three months professionally have been the worst ever for me…..and as it usually happens it spilled over into all other spheres of life as well….the stress slowly turned me into a person whom I myself couldn’t identify with….I hit rock bottom, became a social recluse, cried at the drop of a hat, my confidence levels eroded drastically, was hit by insomnia big time , and deep nervousness overtook me day in and out….the pressure seeped in quietly into each moment of mine and destroyed the ME in ME…..my soul corroded…..and my life was made miserable…..
Professionally I’m not an easy nut to crack….I am very positive and I love to work… this damage has been due to the toxic work environment I was a part of….the already complicated project totally sucked me and the team politics went up to a level where I feel these guys have to be in national politics not in board rooms…..once again proven for the nth time that people leave managers not organizations …..
I gave enough and decided it’s time to move on….I cannot trade ME for anything in the world lest alone a job…and I want my life to have a breadth of things…..and everything else was tumbling down due to this….
But I did not want it to be easy for those horrible guys….I am not the one to shy away from calling a spade a spade…So I spoke to people who are quite high up the ladder ….wanted to let them know before I move on since there are many folks going through this ordeal day in and out but who are shy, insecure or whatever to voice out…..am anything but that….
The meeting went really fine …they sensed, understood and related with the problem and apologized tremendously for such nastiness ….appreciated for bringing this to their notice and accepted that these are zero tolerance issues and will work their way immediately……also claimed full responsibility for this….
I was a teeny weeny bit happy and it has been a while since I felt anything such……And today morning when I came walking towards my work station I held my head high and I smiled … I was hopeful and positive….aah…… I so love the feeling…..I like myself for not bowing down and sticking to my beliefs and emerging stronger…and can’t thank my husband enough for being there always….I don’t think I can ever put it in words , how wonderful he has been throughout and I know its not easy…….not one bit easy ….
Quite a good while ago Holls and salls shared whats in their bags and passed on this meme to me…. I planned to go for it every weekend but of course did nothing about it… can’t carry the guilt anymore…. I love them both….. 🙂 so here is mine.
I carry huge bags with hardly any stuff inside…. I love big bags….and to fill them in I always carry a largish stole…..saves me from the crazy AC ( whats with the extremes, Bah) everywhere around…..and also fattens my bag nicely…
This is my current bag…..sorry about the tasteless pictures……I am very bad at photography….I dont have to state that, ain’t I?
Ignore the cushion….here comes my current love….which is actually a suprise gift from the husband… ( he has finally learnt my taste)….Isn’t it very retro ? Its made of cotton and is lined with Jute , I simply adore the scooter print…..its quirkyly ethnic and screams ME.
( click on the image for better visibility)
As I said there is nothing much in my bag 😦
- Blue and Brown wallet from Holii- Paisley or Ambi’s are my first love, I am crazy about this motif.
- Few Essentials : comb, lipgloss from Nivea, Lipstick from maybelline, scrunchie.
- Hand cream from Fab India : this is a must…for my super dry hands
- A pen …
- And of course the stole…..its made of very soft wool and cotton blend….yes, I need it ….I work in almost freezing temperatures.
Yes, I love blue…..it shows 🙂
I usually carry a book to read and a bottle of water too….and a pair of sunglasses ( which are now lying in the car) ….see didn’t I warn you, its quite boring….
So who is doing this tag next ? Let me a have a peek folks !
Blogging has enriched me… …and offered rewarding friendships……and my style soul sisters Holly and Sally are up high in this category… many a times it feels surreal…..I identify so much with their style and sensibilities and the astounding ease with which we get along ( without an existence of physical medium) …..all this in the virtual world mellows me…..
Congratulations dearies on the 250th post…..to commemorate this milestone they are hosting an awesome giveaway…. the queens of accessories are going to giveaway some glamorous stuff…..Each piece is Love…… Lets try our Luck Ladies 🙂
How I’d wear them
1) The filigree earrings:
-With a nice knee length fitting denim skirt and crisp white casual shirt
– a nice kashmiri embroidered salwar suit
2) The Balis’ : with all my pastel colored chikan kurta’s and suits ; delicate chiffon sarees in pastels
3) The neckpiece: With many solid color kurta’s ; jeans and t-shirts ; handloom sarees…
These are just a few which I can instantly think of. I sure will come out with many more ways to carry them…am a very spur of the moment types when it comes to mixing and matching……
Time and again I have professed my love and loyalty towards anything handmade….. I have a very deep emotional connect with anything that represents Indian arts and crafts.
In my neighborhood nests a quaint little shop which sells handloom stuff and is run by a very competent lady who is a part of Dastkar Andhra. She is passionate about handloom and what really inspires me about her is the extremely observable innate passion in promoting handlooms. She works with weavers face-to-face and stocks fabrics and stuff from the lesser known weavers of the state, giving them the right exposure and opportunities to sell….
In an endeavor to nourish it further, she will be conducting an exhibition and sale of Hand-woven Handloom cotton this weekend. If possible, please drop by and encourage the artisans and weavers…..
Goutami weaves presents
Summer sale and Exhibition of Hand woven cotton, silk cotton, Khadi, Kalmakari and fabrics from lesser known weavers of the state along with Kalahasti kalamkari patches and Eco friendly bags from Pondicherry.
Sri Kowtha Kamakoti Kalyana Nilayam , Kowtha Swarajya Vihar, # 10, Padmarao Nagar, Swarajya press compound, Secunderabad – 500015
Timings: 11 AM to 8 PM (From Friday 5th to Sunday 7th March 2010)
There will also be a live demonstration of the very famous Kalamkari way of painting by an artist. (Kalamkari refers to the Indian craft of painting Natural Dyes on cotton or silk fabric using a bamboo pen).
Note: This isn’t an advertising post. I really liked the stuff I bought from her, hence wanted you guys to know about it too.
Rising from blog mortality…..and still trying to unravel what took over….you ask what kept me away from this space for so long….No profound reason ……it just happened one day….the zeal to write went on a really long sabbatical…. Can I term it writer’s block? Who am I kidding, am not a writer…..
Many thanks to everybody who has been visiting this space (even till date) and leaving their warmth and love…..you guys totally Rock !